Syndicated Articles, Book Reviews, Interviews, and Guest Blogs are listed below… but we are currently most excited about the release of our new memoir, Keeping Kyrie!
From the cover:
How much can a life change in just five years?
For Emily Christensen, that span began with her conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and ended with the adoption of six children with special needs. But the highs and lows between those two points are almost too hard to believe: enduring cochlear implant surgeries, meeting and marrying the man of her dreams, grieving the death of both of her parents, becoming a chaplain, and fostering more than seventy children.
At the core of the story is an account of her ongoing efforts to save the life of her youngest daughter, Kyrie (pronounced keer-ree-ay). Born with captivating eyes and a full head of curly hair, Kyrie also came into the world with Pierre Robin Sequence, a disorder where her lower face and airway were not properly formed. First as a foster mom and then as an adoptive mother, Christensen has fought her way through red tape, endured tremendous physical discomfort, and upended her entire world (all with the patient support of her husband), just to help her daughter breathe.
Looking back, Christensen shares how those trials ultimately helped her to gather a unique family from the chaos of life. Her stories, both joyful and harrowing, mark out a path that has led her toward deeper faith and spiritual understanding, emotional and physical healing, and blessings that she had never imagined were possible for her.
A real-life page-turner, this memoir abounds with tears and laughter, surprising insights into our relationship with God, and hope for surviving those seasons of trial that come to everyone. “Living is how we gain our wisdom,” says Christensen. “I try my best, hopefully learn from my mistakes, and keep moving forward, one stumble at a time.”
Now available in hardback from the major online retailers, or available in our store in hardback and paperback, with or without autographs. Thank you for your support!
- Cookbook Review: “Busy Moms” Cookbook (in print and online)
- Cookbook Review: Cast Iron Gourmet
- Covenant Motherhood
- Onward Alone: Women Left Behind by the Mormon Battalion
- Integral Recovery
- Anniversary Waltz
- The Return of Cassandra Todd
- The Old Testament Explained
- The Testimony of Luke
- Beholding the Tree of Life: A Rabbinic Approach to the Book of Mormon
BizzyWe – Milwaukee:
Deseret News – Salt Lake City:
- From contention to happiness: celebrating the mother-daughter relationship.
- 12 things to know about Purim
- A Messianic Jewish Perspective of Passover and the Seder Meal
- Tips for Living: Resumes are Dead
- General Conference Meaning in My Life
- Tips for Living: Healing from the Trauma of Husband’s Pornography & Sex Addiction
- Repentance as a Restoration to the Good
- Spiritual Preparation: The 10 Virgins
- Diving into Dating
- Family History Mission leads to family, ward blessings for one convert
FOX – New York
Herald Times Online – Indiana:
KSL – Salt Lake City:
- Understanding the unexpected phases of grief
- A Marriage Prepared for Pornography
- Falling in Love, Staying in Love
- When to Seek Help: Signs that a child is being abused
- Tips for Talking to Your Children About Controversial News Stories
KTAR – Phoenix:
1. How to Learn for Free Online
2. 4 Patterns of Intimacy Disorders and Addictions3. Tips for Talking to Your Children About Controversial News Stories
- For the Groom: 5 steps for marriage success
- 5 tips for a positive relationship with your teen
- What is mental health?
- 6 ways to cope with depression
- Signs of anxiety
- Taking the first steps to saving your marriage
- How to rebuild a broken relationship
- Detecting passive-aggressive behavior in kids
- Signs of a gambling problem
- How to cope with a bipolar spouse
- 6 signs of depression
- 5 signs of ADD
- How to cope with withdrawal symptoms
- How to help a child whose parent is in jail
- Conquering fear
- Falling in love, staying in love
- Impact of infidelity
- How to live with OCD
- Talking with your children about your ex-spouse
- Exemplar of happiness
- Identity crisis – Deaf with cochlear implants
- How to get over jealousy
- Divorce: Parent Visitations
- Social Anxiety: Do social situations make you sweat?
- How to know when you need therapy
- How to recognize a gaming addiction
- Are you afraid? How to overcome your fears.
- Painting with words: What hearing people should know about sign language.
- 5 tips for finding a good marriage counselor.
- Signs of Post-Partum Depression
- When life is driving you crazy, 10 tips on maintaining mental health.
- Loving safely: How to cope with an angry spouse
- How to relieve stress
- Tips for breaking a pornography addiction
- When to seek help: signs that a child is being molested
- 5 Signs you may have ADD (adults)
- How to deal with adult ADD
- How to talk to your children about tragedy
- Can’t we all just get along? Being a peacemaker
- I thought I was offering healing, but it was me who was healed.
- Boot out Bullying
- 4 Reasons to study your family history
- 5 ways to bring God into your marriage
- How to Repent
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Mental Health
- Motherhood: Before and After
- Understanding When to Medicate for Childhood Disorders
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Ebola
- New Criteria for Addiction Assessment
- Intimacy Beyond Sex
- Parenting the Fearless Child
- 3 Signs You are in Love with Your Sin
- Top 5 Regrets of Those who are Dying
2012 – Real Intent – Pool Covers and my Hurricane Husband
2013 – Deseret News – “Today in the Bloggernacle” – Letter to the Driver of the Jeep