When I learned that Nathan wrote songs besides entire musicals, and that his songs were being performed all over the place for competitions, and that they only reason he hadn’t written any recently was because of not having a digital keyboard with the right software… I knew we needed to take care of that.
So when a mega opportunity came for a really good deal, that’s exactly what I did.
But first, I had to clean up the office and make room for it.
Then I had to untangle pieces of wood:
And piece them together:
And get out my favorite screwdriver:
And do a whole lot of research to pick out the very most perfect keyboard for Nathan:
He did not need a lot of fancy sounds, because the software will do that. He needed the best touch and best exported sound possible, for the most accurate notation. I didn’t even know that some keyboards have bad exported sound!
I was so excited when it arrived, and somehow managed to get it out of the box and onto the stand. I got it screwed in tight as I could, and plugged in the pedals and added the music stand.
He will be so excited!
I tried to get it all ready for him:
And worked hard all week on this remodel that almost looks like I didn’t do anything at all, excepting really I did!
And now he can write songs or lyrics at home more easily when he wants to work on those projects, with the equipment and software he needs: